programmatically through auctions. Here's everything
advertisers and publishers need to know.
Real-Time Bidding (RTB): The Complete Guide
Real-time bidding can be compared to a stock market, where the amount of demand at the moment determines the price of a stock. With real-time bidding, publishers set the floor price for an ad, but the demand still determines the final price. The whole process, from an app user triggering an ad request to the bidding process to the placement of the ad, happens in just 200 milliseconds.
The Difference Between Real-Time Bidding and Programmatic Advertising
Ready to Take Your Programmatic Ads to the Next Level?
We're excited to work with you!
Who’s Involved in Real-Time Bidding
How Real-Time Bidding Works
1. A user triggers an ad request while using an app. Information about the user, available ad format, and other key factors are passed on to advertisers.
2. Advertisers bid based on their interest and how the passed data measures up against their targeting parameters — the higher the demand, the higher the price.
3. When a winning bid is determined, the ad is served to the user. The entire process takes 200 milliseconds.
Why Real-Time Bidding Works for Everyone
- Maximizes revenues through a highly competitive bidding process
- Highly scalable – offers one-stop access to a large number of demand sources
- The Smaato Publisher Platform (SPX) brings in actionable insights to further improve monetization
- Cost-effective – allows advertisers to bid on only the most relevant, valuable users
- Optimizes programmatic campaigns by providing dynamic targeting parameters and access to premium inventory
- The Smaato Demand Platform (SDX) allows advanced targeting and access to a global audience